Last week I had the privilege of being one of the judges for the Healthcare Compliance Packaging Council’s Columbus Award for Compliance Enhancing Packaging Design.
Joining me on the judging panel were:
- Dr John Gill OBE FIET, John Gill Technology Ltd, UK
- Jan Geissler, CEO – Patvocates Cancer Policy, Patient Advocacy and Social Media; Board Member – European Forum for Good Clinical Practice; Communications Manager – International CML Foundation (iCMLf); Co-founder of the CML Advocates Network Chair – LeukaNET / Leukämie-Online e.V.
- Phill Marley, Packaging Intelligence Manager AstraZeneca; UK Chairman – HCPC-Europe
- Dr Thomas B. Dries, Market Development Manager Performance Materials & Technologies Marketing – Honeywell; DE Treasurer – HCPC-Europe
- Tassilo Korab MSc., Executive Director – HCPC-Europe
There was an excellent calibre and range of entries submitted, covering a number of therapies and with thoughtful and innovative ways of supporting patients to stay with their treatment.
The entries were judged on the impact of the design on patients’ compliance/adherence according to the criteria developed by HCPC and captured in the Pugh Matrix. The panel brought many different perspectives and backgrounds to assessing the different packs and this made it extremely interesting in reviewing the different approaches adopted from clever designs to the adoption of high tech devices.
The Award winner will be announced during a Gala Award Dinner at the Pharma Packaging & Labelling Compliance Conference on March 19th in Berlin.