Are you already planning for how you will introduce required future legislation?
No matter how well you manage your current portfolio, there will always be new challenges to drive further complexity. New aspects of legislation will arise, requiring new solutions to provide. At the time of writing these included:
- QR codes
- Tamper evidence
- Temperature monitoring
It is therefore worthwhile planning ahead for future legislative drivers and considering:
- How well are you sensing what is likely to happen in the future?
- What changes do you want to influence and how are you engaged in that influencing?
- How early do you mobilise to start introducing new capabilities?
- What alliances and partnerships do you need to establish to develop new solutions and supply strategies?
- How do you integrate necessary changes into normal business to avoid the incremental workload?
- How do you ensure packaging design activities are cognisant of potential future requirements?
- How do you track progress to ensure compliance is achieved?
This is the twentieth of a series of 20 blogs giving a view of methods to deal with packaging complexity. Please help me improve the thinking by adding your comments and share this with others who may have a view.